From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
This week, we looked ahead to Christmas and shared an exciting update that for the first time ever during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, select Magic Kingdom attractions are receiving special enhancements just for the holidays!
When you get behind the wheel on the Tomorrowland Speedway, you’ll find yourself cruising a festive freeway filled with thousands of lights and stylized décor. Space Mountain will launch you on a trippy jaunt through the cosmos, filled with dazzling lighting and high-energy holiday tunes and more.
Check out Shawn’s original All- New Holiday Twist for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for more details.
Also this week, we continued our Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge storytelling with a special look at Oga’s Cantina in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – the notorious watering hole where smugglers, bounty hunters, and weary travelers of all ages can come partake in some out of this world refreshments.
Check out Alex’s original Come Hang Out at Oga’s Cantina story for more details.
And to learn about all food and beverage offerings throughout the Black Spire Outpost, check out our Foodie Guide to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Happy snacking, travelers!
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Disneyland Resort ‘Decks the Halls’ for the 2019 Holiday Season, Beginning November 8 – The Disneyland Resort will once again transform into the Merriest Place on Earth as guests begin their holidays here, Nov. 8, through Jan. 6.
- Catch These Special Walt Disney World Resort Experiences this Summer Before Time Runs Out – Summer is here, and now, more than ever, is the time to visit Walt Disney World Resort before the clock strikes midnight on limited-time magical moments across all four theme parks.
- Seven Must-Try Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ Experiences You Can Enjoy At Walt Disney World – Were you one of the millions of theatergoers who experienced the wonder of Disney’s “The Lion King” on its opening weekend? While the film set soaring box office records, guests have been loving “The Lion King” – and following the heartfelt adventure of Simba and his friends – since the animated version debuted in 1994.
- Magic Kingdom Park Foodie News: July 2019 – Get ready for a heaping helping of Foodie News direct from Magic Kingdom Park. Alex Dunlap tells us about sweets and savories galore and you won’t want to miss any of it!
- Dive into Fun, Day or Night this Summer at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort – Planning your next getaway? Make it even more memorable and discover these great ways to stay and play in the magic of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort!
- ’Tis the Season to Book The Ultimate Holiday Getaway to Walt Disney World Resort – Walt Disney World Resort is the ultimate Christmas destination. This year, get swept up in the holiday spirit – complete with yuletide sweets and Florida “snow”!
- Foodie Guide to Iconic Tastes at Disney California Adventure Park – It’s time for the second installment of Alex Dunlap’s Iconic Tastes series, and this time he’s tackling one of his favorite Disney parks: Disney California Adventure park at Disneyland Resort!