From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Jennifer Fickley-Baker
In honor of the recently released Disney’s “The Lion King,” we’re sharing another animation tutorial inspired by the 1994 animated film release. Today’s character is the lovable and humorous sidekick, Timon.
Today’s tutorial was shot at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, where Character Artist Heather at The Animation Experience at Conservation Station. This tutorial starts with a template, which you can download here, that gives you a headstart on Timon’s head shape and drawing guidelines. Watch the video below for the next steps!
Check out some of our other character tutorials below!
- Learn to Draw: Sally from Tim Burton’s ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’
- Learn to Draw: Celebrate Spring With Daisy Duck
- Learn to Draw Aladdin’s Pal, Genie
- Learn to Draw Tinker Bell
- Learn to Draw Buzz Lightyear from ‘Toy Story’
- Learn to Draw Special Edition: ‘Frozen’ Voice Actor Josh Gad Tests His Skills at Drawing Olaf
- Learn to Draw Hiro from ‘Big Hero 6′
- Learn to Draw Mickey’s Pal Pluto
- Learn to Draw Baymax From ‘Big Hero 6’
- Learn to Draw Rapunzel’s Buddy, Pascal
- Learn to Draw Stitch
- Learn to Draw Winnie the Pooh
- Learn to Draw Jack Skellington
- Learn to Draw Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
- Learn How to Draw ‘Frozen’s’ Anna
- Do You Want to Draw a Snowman?