From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
This week, we celebrated the grand opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs and shared live coverage of the festivities right here on the Disney Parks Blog. If you missed it, check out the replay this weekend.
In collaboration with the NBA, Walt Disney Imagineering developed NBA Experience as an immersive, interactive venue. You can learn more in Jeremy’s original NBA Experience Grand Opening is a Slam Dunk story.
Also, with the historic August 29 grand opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios just around the corner, we shared a spectacular bird’s-eye view of the land in a video that included new music from Oscar-winning composer John Williams.
Check out our original Bird’s-Eye View of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge story for more details.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Learn More About the Twisted Tale: ‘World of Color’ Nighttime Spectacular – ‘Villainous!’ at Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party at Disney California Adventure Park – When Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party begins Sept. 17 for 20 select nights at Disney California Adventure park, you will discover many new and exciting experiences. Exclusive to Oogie Boogie Bash is the all-new “World of Color” show – “Villainous!”
- VIDEO: Behind-the-Scenes Creating the Tower Slide at Disney’s Riviera Resort – Last week we shared a glimpse into the crafting of Disney’s Riviera Resort, the newest Walt Disney World resort and Disney Vacation Club property, projected to open December 2019. The peek behind the scenes continues with an exclusive look at the making of the tower slide that will be a focal point of the resort’s feature pool.
- Get Into the Spooky Shopping Spirit for Halloween at Disney Parks – With the Halloween season returning to Disney Parks, you will now find a frightfully fun assortment of themed goodies. Whether you’re looking to channel your inner vampire Mouseketeer, Evil Queen or Jack Skellington, Disney Parks is the place to shop.
- Walt Disney World Resort Sweet Treats: August 2019 – This month’s Sweet Treats features a few more sweet offerings at Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, and Disney’s All-Star Music Resort.
- New Mid-Day Magic Ticket Invites You to Enjoy an Afternoon and Evening of Walt Disney World Resort Theme Park Fun After 12 p.m. – Mid-Day Magic Tickets are valid for admission after 12 p.m. and were designed with your flexibility in mind, with timing that helps meet your needs – like, say, a couple more hours of shut-eye, or maybe a leisurely brunch.
- Foodie Guide to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019 at Magic Kingdom Park – There are more sweets, savories, and sips than ever before during this year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, and I have all the yummy details right here.