From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the largest and most technologically advanced single-themed land expansion ever in a Disney park. The 14-acre land transports guests to the remote planet of Batuu, full of unique sights, sounds, smells and tastes.
Here, guests can become part of their own Star Wars stories as they experience galactic food and beverages, craft their own lightsabers, build their own droids and much more.
To watch a full replay of the land’s grand opening ceremony, click here.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week:
- These Are the Photos You’re Looking for! Discover Photo Ops Available in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Disney PhotoPass photographers are ready and waiting to help you get the best shots on Batuu. Read more details here.
- See Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Sunrise with ‘Extra’ Extra Magic Hours! – “Extra” Extra Magic Hours that begin this Sunday, Sept. 1, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and run through Nov. 2, 2019. During this limited-time benefit, the park will open several attractions beginning at 6 a.m. each day, including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (subject to capacity). Read Jeremy’s full post here.
- 24th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Now Open for 87 Days Through Nov. 23! – The guest-favorite Epcot International Food & Wine Festival has returned to Epcot. For a look inside the best of what the festival has to offer this year, visit Jenn’s previous post.
- Behind the Scenes: Preparing for DescenDANCE Party at Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party at Disney California Adventure Park – Celebrity choreographer Nika Kljun created the show’s dance moves. She brings a unique flair and high-energy vibe to this dynamic spectacle. Check out this new video taken backstage during one of the dance crew’s rehearsals.
- Dusk to Dawn, Dawn to Dusk: New Orleans Square at Disneyland Park – Disneyland Resort is like its own little city, bustling with activity 24 hours a day. This video is from the vantage point of New Orleans Square, starting with “Fantasmic!” and ending the next morning with guests traveling at lightspeed toward Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.