From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
This week, Disney Parks Blog readers were the first to get a closer look at the out-of-this-world ride system for Epcot’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
The family-friendly “storytelling coaster” will feature a groundbreaking ride system with vehicles that rotate 360 degrees and can even do a reverse launch! Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will open in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort in 2021. Check out Jennifer’s original Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Ride Vehicle story for more details.
We also announced that Inside Disney Parks will live stream the brand-new nighttime fireworks show “Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular” TONIGHT – Sunday, September 15, at 10:10 p.m. ET.
In the new show, Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” comes to tell a “not-so-scary” story about how anything can happen on Halloween night. Jack’s ghost dog, Zero, flies off carrying everyone along on a trick-or-treat adventure, where Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy find themselves drawn into a mysterious haunted house.
You can watch the show LIVE tonight right here on the Disney Parks Blog. The stream will be posted at the top of the site at 10:10 p.m.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Candy Guide to Halloween Time 2019 at Disneyland Resort – Halloween Time is upon us at the Disneyland Resort – which means it’s time for CANDY!!!! This year, our Disneyland Candy Makers have outdone themselves with an eerie array of spooky sweets and treats.
- New Experiences Coming to Disneyland Paris in 2020 and Beyond – Earlier this week, we announced immersive, one-of-a-kind seasonal events and exciting new offerings coming to Disneyland Paris in 2020 and beyond.
- More Details on Enchanted Rose – A New Lounge Coming to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – We recently announced a new “Beauty and the Beast”-inspired lounge coming to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Earlier this week, we shared exciting news – including an official name as well as menu details.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve 2019 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Guests visiting Walt Disney World Resort this holiday season will “roar in” the New Year. That’s because Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park will be open until midnight to celebrate New Year’s Eve on December 31, 2019.
- ‘Frozen’-Inspired Color Collection, Arendelle Aqua Debuts Around the World at Disney Parks and Online at shopDisney – Calling all “Frozen” fans! We’re melting with excitement for today’s debut of Arendelle Aqua, the latest color collection to hit Disney Parks around the world and online at shopDisney.com!
- New Pedestrian Bridge Now Open, Connecting Disneyland Resort Parking to Downtown Disney District – We’re excited to share the new pedestrian bridge over Magic Way is now open, marking the completion of the expanded parking project on the westside of the Disneyland Resort.