From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Michele
This is Halloween!
Halloween is getting closer, and we’re feeling the spooky spririt! Today, we have a fun Halloween recipe that’s easy to do, and can bring you a little Disney Magic to boot!! Oogie Boogie Cupcakes from The Nightmare Before Christmas! Popping up from his underground cupcake lair, this bug-eating Halloween Town villain tastes way sweeter than he looks — particularly when served with a few candy worms on the side.
- Batch of chocolate cupcakes
- Cupcake frosting tinted “monster” green
- Plastic decorating bag for piping frosting (check the cake decorating section of your grocery or craft store)
- Kitchen scissors
- Black licorice
1. Frost the cupcakes with a thin layer of icing.
2. Place a half marshmallow on the center of each frosted cupcake.
3. Cut off the tip of the plastic decorating bag so that the opening is about 3/4-inch wide. Then fill the bag with green frosting (not too full or the frosting will come out the top when you squeeze it).
4. Working with one cupcake at a time, pipe frosting around the base of the marshmallow and then up and over it, moving toward the center and ending with a large peak.
5. Smooth the surface of the frosting with a butter knife, periodically dipping the tip of the knife in water so the icing will be easier to spread. Don’t worry about making it perfectly smooth — it will look even more like Oogie Boogie with a few lumps and “wrinkles.”
6. Snip a pair of narrow licorice eyes and a wide licorice mouth for each cupcake. Use the tip of a toothpick to gently press the candy pieces into the frosting face, angling the eyes a bit to resemble Oogie Boogie’s.
Recipe and photo from Disney Family
Michele Atwood is the Owner/Editor of The Main Street Mouse and it’s subsidiaries and author of the book “Moving to Main Street U.S.A.” Michele also contributes Disney news to the Joe Kelley Morning Show on 96.5 WDBO in Orlando. She and her family made the move from Michigan to the Orlando area to pursue their Disney dreams. Michele is a life long Disney fan, and has two sons who have followed suit, each going on their first Disney trip before their first birthday’s. Part of the goal Michele has for The Main Street Mouse is not only to keep members informed, but to create somewhat of a Disney Family by relating to others through personal experiences and opinions. Also, Michele is making it a priority to share stories of inspiration and hope to other Disney Fans in an effort to share the Magic and hopefully make a difference in the lives of others.