From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
Disney Skyliner is open! And ahead of its historic debut, we shared a look at the special dedication moment for our new complimentary transportation system that featured favorite Disney characters, fireworks and more.
Disney Skyliner now connects Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios to four Disney resort hotels – Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the forthcoming Disney’s Riviera Resort, a Disney Vacation Club resort set to open Dec. 16, 2019.
Visit Jeremy’s earlier Disney Skyliner at Walt Disney World Resort story for more details.
Disney Parks Blog readers were also among the first to learn that we’re hosting a #DisneyParksLIVE stream of the first-ever performance of the “Epcot Forever” right here on October 1!
“Epcot Forever” will be an all-new, limited-time spectacle of fireworks, music, lighting, lasers and choreographed special effects kites. To watch the live stream, visit the Disney Parks Blog on Tuesday, October 1, at 8:50 p.m. ET.
Also, check out Jennifer’s “Epcot Forever” Live Stream story to find out how you can be part of the live stream!!
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Just Announced: Disney Cruise Line Returns to New Orleans and Popular Tropical Destinations in Early 2021 – In early 2021, Disney Cruise Line is “gonna take you there” – that is, to New Orleans! In addition to Disney Cruise Line’s inaugural season in the Big Easy coming up in 2020, you have more opportunities to sail from the Crescent City with your family in early 2021.
- Wickedly Fun Maleficent Experiences at Disneyland Resort – With “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” premiering in theaters on Oct. 18, there are quite a few ways to get into the Maleficent spirit at the Disneyland Resort.
- 27th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Set to Bloom March 4-June 1, 2020, at Walt Disney World Resort – Save these dates – March 4-June 1, 2020 – because you will want to see and experience every beautiful bloom, whimsical topiary and tasty treat being planned for the 27th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival!
- Young Adults Can Explore the Tricks and Treats During Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort – Sink your teeth into some of these amazing experiences you won’t want to miss this Halloween season at the Disneyland Resort.
- Hundreds of Plant-Based Dishes are Coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts – We’re thrilled to announce that ALL of our major quick and table service restaurants will soon be serving up plant-based options at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort – along with a new plant-based menu icon coming to Disney dining.
- New Tenaya Stone Spa Coming to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disneyland Resort – Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at the Disneyland Resort, an award-winning hotel that defines grandeur at every turn, is introducing its all-new upscale experience – Tenaya Stone Spa – opening in spring 2020.