From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Michael Ramirez
Gather ‘round the cauldron, dearies, as we cast our spell upon freakishly fun experiences that everyone will enjoy during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort! As we have detailed in our previous blog posts, this is the best time of year to enjoy spook-tacular festivities, tricks, treats and endless fun to all who dare join!
So what memories lie in store for you when you visit the Disneyland Resort this year during Halloween? Here’s a round-up of what everyone can experience:
Try your luck with your squad on Halloween-themed attractions
- Haunted Mansion Holiday – Pumpkin King Jack Skellington has transformed the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland park into a wonderfully wicked, holiday-infused attraction inspired by “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.” Shout “Season’s Screamings!” with your group as you enjoy the scenery.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Monsters After Dark – Drop on by this monstrous thrill ride as the Guardians of the Galaxy continue their mission in the Collector’s Fortress at Disney California Adventure park! Everyone will enjoy teaming up with Rocket to lure the monsters away and make their escape!
- Mater’s Junkyard JamBOOree – Van-pires and wheel-wolves alike are welcome to join the fun together in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park. Mater’s Halloween hoedown will play delightfully dark ditties and twirl you around the dance floor for a time you’ll never forget!
- Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween – While you’re putting around “Radiator Screams,” make sure to join Luigi at his Haul-O-Ween scene as he and his kooky cousins give you a spirited spin in fabulous formation! Enjoy haunted twists to traditional songs and stories from the old country with your friends and family.
Smile and say “Halloween” with fierce and friendly photo opportunities
- Mickey Mouse and Friends – Everyone will love meeting Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy and others as they show-off their Halloween-best this year!
- The Cars Crew – Over in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park, Lightning McQueen is ready to take photos with his fans in his super hero “car-stume” while Mater can be seen as a “van-pire.” Cruz and Red will be donning a pirate and a clown outfit, respectively. Everyone will enjoy snagging a picture with these cool cars!
- Disney Villains – Don’t get spooked if you see Disney villains stomping around the parks! They love adoring fans and will take a photo with you and your pack. Show off your fiercest grin and make memories with this Halloween season opportunity…if you dare!
- Jack Skellington and Sally – In this town of Halloween, everybody screams when Jack and Sally are near! Drag your bodies over to New Orleans Square in Disneyland park and snap photos with the “Master of Scare-emonies.”
Experience devious entertainment like never before
- “Halloween Screams” – For the first time in almost a decade, all guests visiting Disneyland park can enjoy this supernatural projection and special effects show. The nighttime spectacular is hosted by the Pumpkin King himself, Jack Skellington, and is great fun for the whole family. On weekend nights, “Halloween Screams” goes sky high with illuminating fireworks.
- Villains Dance Party – Get down with your bad selves at the Villains Dance Party at Tomorrowland Terrace in Disneyland park! Whether your tall or small, everyone is encouraged to move and groove with some favorite evil villains. You never know which villain might come up to the stage to boogie oogie oogie!
Marvel at boo-tiful seasonal décor
- Main Street, U.S.A. – Feast your eyes on the seasonal décor on Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland park and take advantage of the photo opportunity in front of the Mickey-shaped pumpkin with your friends and family!
- Buena Vista Street – Don’t miss the happily haunted takeover along Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure park. Spot eerie, intricate details like the swarm of black bats clouding Carthay Circle’s bell tower and the Headless Horseman statue bewitching passing guests.
- Cars Land – Radiator Springs transforms into “Radiator Screams” for Halloween! Take some time with everyone to notice all the “spoke-y” seasonal decorations around Route 66.
- Downtown Disney District – Stroll through Downtown Disney to see the gourd-geous, candy-themed pumpkin displays. While you’re there, enjoy the musical stylings of the SCAREolers, our our very own undead a-capella performers, on select nights!
Taste sinful sweet treats and get whisked away by magical merchandise
For more on the menacing merchandise available during Halloween, take a peek at our blog story! You don’t want to miss out on these alluring accessories and items!
Need more ideas to plan your Disneyland Resort visit this Halloween season? Check out our previous guides for kids, teens and young adults: