From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
Today, we’re celebrating Halloween with a special episode of our ongoing series of Disney-inspired bento box tutorials. Disney Parks Blog reader and fan Mike Kravanis is joining us from The Diamond Horseshoe at Magic Kingdom Park to create bento magic – a Mickey Mouse jack-o’-lantern just like you’d see on Main Street U.S.A.
To create a Mickey Mouse jack-o’-lantern bento, Mike mixes pumpkin, pumpkin spice and honey with rice to create three rice balls. Roasted seaweed sheets are then cut to create Mickey’s facial features with soy sauce to add shading. Watch the video to see how Mike adds autumn leaves to finish the bento – and then give it a try!
And if you’re a fan of our popular Bento Magic series here on the Blog, Mike will be hosting an interactive culinary workshop at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. On Thursday, November 21, at the Festival’s Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It, Mike will highlight the elements of a character bento and help you create your own! Here are more details.
Check out a few of Mike’s recent Disney bento videos:
- Disney Parks Bento Magic: Spike the Bee
- Disney Parks Blog Artist Mike Kravanis Creating Bento Box Magic at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Disney Parks Bento Magic – Chewbacca
- Disney Parks Bento Magic – Lady and the Tramp Topiaries from the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
- Disney Parks Bento Magic – Porg from Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Disney Parks Bento Magic – Miguel from Disney•Pixar’s ‘Coco’