From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Taryn
Serves 4 as an appetizer
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 1/2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 slices rye bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 pound tots, cooked according to package directions
1/4 pound corned beef, diced
1/2 cup sauerkraut
1 bunch chives, chopped
FOR RUSSIAN DRESSING:
Blend all ingredients in a blender. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR RYE CRUMBLE:
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Melt butter and garlic in small saucepan over low heat. Add salt.
- Toss rye cubes in butter and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, stir bread crumbs and bake additional 5 to 8 minutes, until toasted.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Pulse in food processor to make coarse crumble.
FOR REUBEN TOTS:
- Divide tots evenly among 4 dishes. Top with corned beef and sauerkraut.
- Drizzle Russian dressing on top. Sprinkle rye crumble and chives on top of dressing.
What to drink: Amber ale’s caramel flavor works well with the hint of spice.