From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Michele
First Slate of Disney+ Originals Premiere Alongside Extensive Collection of Library Titles From Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and More, Including “Avengers: Endgame,” “Avatar,” and 30 seasons of “The Simpsons”
Disney+ App Now Available Across Mobile and Connected TV Devices
BURBANK, Calif. (Nov. 12, 2019) — Disney+, the highly anticipated streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, launched today in the U.S., Canada, and The Netherlands. With nearly 500 films and 7,500 episodes of television from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more, Disney+ is the exclusive home for some of the world’s most beloved stories as well as a robust slate of original content ready to be discovered.
“The launch of Disney+ is a historic moment for our company that marks a new era of innovation and creativity,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “Disney+ provides an exceptional entertainment experience, showcasing our library of beloved movies, TV series and exclusive original content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic.”
As part of the launch, the service premiered its first original series and films including “The Mandalorian,” the epic first-ever live-action Star Wars series; “Lady and the Tramp,” a live-action re-telling of the 1955 animated classic; “Noelle,” an original holiday comedy film starring Anna Kendrick, “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” the all-new scripted series set at the real-life East High featured in the blockbuster film franchise; “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” docu-series from National Geographic; “Marvel’s Hero Project,” which celebrates extraordinary kids making a difference in their communities; “Encore!,” executive produced by the multi-talented Kristen Bell; “The Imagineering Story” 6-part documentary from Emmy and Academy Award-nominated director Leslie Iwerks; short-form series “Pixar IRL” and “Disney Family Sundays;” and animated short film collections “SparkShorts” and “Forky Asks A Question” from Pixar Animation Studios.
Beginning November 15, most new episodes of each series will premiere on Fridays at 12:01 AM PT.
The Past, Present, and Future of Storytelling
The service provides viewers of all ages an unrivaled collection of new and library content from the world-class creators of The Walt Disney Company – the visionaries representing nearly a century of creativity from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more.
Beginning today, subscribers can enjoy:
● Timeless animated films from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Walt Disney Signature Collection, created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney – including “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King,” “Lady and The Tramp,” “Peter Pan,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Cinderella” and more.
● Three of the four highest-grossing films of all time: “Avengers: Endgame,” Avatar,” and “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”
● Thirty seasons of the 11-time Emmy Award-winning series “The Simpsons.”
● Hit films from Marvel Studios, including “Avengers: Endgame,” as well as “Captain America: Civil War,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “The Avengers,” “Iron Man 3,” “Doctor Strange,” “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” “Captain Marvel,” “Iron Man,” “Thor: The Dark World,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The First Avenger,” and “Ant-Man.”
● Thousands of episodes from hit Disney Channel and Disney Junior series such as “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody,” “Kim Possible,” “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “PJ Masks,” and “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” along with more than 100 Disney Channel Original Movies including “Descendants,” “High School Musical,” and “Camp Rock.”
● 18 of Pixar Animation Studios’ groundbreaking fan favorite movies including “Wall-E,” “Up,” “Monsters Inc.,” “Finding Nemo,” “The Incredibles,” “Toy Story,” “Inside Out” and “Brave,” as well as all of Pixar’s beloved theatrical shorts such as the Academy Award-winning “Bao” and “Sanjay’s Super Team.”
● Over 400 hours of content from National Geographic, including the critically-acclaimed and award-winning documentary “Free Solo” and the streaming debut of “Science Fair.”
● All six of the original classic Star Wars films released between 1977-1999, in addition to recent blockbusters “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.” By the end of 2020, the entire Skywalker saga will be available on the service.
● Marvel television series from the 1970s to present day including “X-Men,” “Spider-Man,” and “Marvel’s Runaways.”
Subscribers will also have access to a burgeoning collection of 4K Ultra HD films including the first seven Star Wars movies available for the first time in this format, along with “Hocus Pocus,” “Who Framed Roger Rabbit,” “Toy Story” 1-3, and more.
Best-in-Class Experience, Available Anywhere, Anytime
Disney+ offers subscribers high-quality and commercial-free viewing, up to four concurrent streams, unlimited downloads on up to ten devices, personalized recommendations, and the ability to set up to seven different profiles. Additionally, parents have the ability to set Kids Profiles that create an easy -to-navigate interface to access age-appropriate content.
Consumers can subscribe to Disney+ directly at DisneyPlus.com or via in-app purchase from the following partner platforms and devices (dependent on country):
● Amazon (Fire TV Devices, Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, and Fire Tablets)
● Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app; customers can subscribe to Disney+ via in-app purchase)
● Google (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices)
● LG Smart TVs with webOS
● Microsoft (Xbox One)
● Samsung Smart TVs
● Sony / Sony Interactive Entertainment (all Android based Sony TVs and PlayStation®4)
● Roku (Roku® streaming players and Roku TV™ models)
For a full list of supported devices visit here.
Amazing Entertainment, Amazing Value
For one low monthly (or annual) fee, Disney+ offers consumers of all ages a compelling entertainment offering and an amazing price-to-value proposition.
Starting today, consumers in the U.S. also have the opportunity to purchase a Disney bundle featuring Disney+, Hulu (with ads), and ESPN+ for $12.99 per month, providing access to all of the Disney+ programming plus thousands of live sporting events, sports-themed original series and award-winning sports documentaries from ESPN+; as well as Hulu’s award-winning original content and on-demand streaming.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more, together, for the first time. From The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney+ is available on any internet-connected screen and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content including series “The Mandalorian,” “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” “The World According to Jeff Goldblum,” and “Encore!” and films “Lady and the Tramp” and “Noelle.” Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment and 30 seasons of “The Simpsons,” the service is the exclusive streaming home for films released by The Walt Disney Studios in 2019 and beyond, including “Captain Marvel,” “Avengers: Endgame,” “Aladdin,” “Toy Story 4,” “The Lion King,” “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil,” “Frozen 2,”and “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.” Visit DisneyPlus.com to subscribe and/or learn more about the service.
Michele Atwood is the Owner/Editor of The Main Street Mouse and it’s subsidiaries and author of the book “Moving to Main Street U.S.A.” Michele also contributes Disney news to the Joe Kelley Morning Show on 96.5 WDBO in Orlando. She and her family made the move from Michigan to the Orlando area to pursue their Disney dreams. Michele is a life long Disney fan, and has two sons who have followed suit, each going on their first Disney trip before their first birthday’s. Part of the goal Michele has for The Main Street Mouse is not only to keep members informed, but to create somewhat of a Disney Family by relating to others through personal experiences and opinions. Also, Michele is making it a priority to share stories of inspiration and hope to other Disney Fans in an effort to share the Magic and hopefully make a difference in the lives of others.