From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
This week, we looked ahead to 2020 with an early peek at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts at Walt Disney World Resort. The event will kick-off its annual global celebration of visual, culinary and performing arts Jan. 17 and continue for 39 days through Feb. 24, 2020.
As many of you know, the event features visiting artists, an array of foodie delights and opportunities for guests to embrace their own inner artists. Check out Jenn’s new Epcot International Festival of the Arts story for more details, including information on the return of the popular Disney on Broadway Concert Series.
And we followed up last week’s series of amazing holiday Foodie Guides at Disney Parks with a special Candy Guide to 2019 Holidays at Disneyland Resort.
Our talented team of candymakers have once again outdone themselves with this year’s festive holiday sweet and treats. And they’re all available now through Jan. 6, 2020. Visit Alex’s original Candy Guide story for the complete list.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Appetizing Occasions: Celebrate New Year’s Eve 2019 with Amazing Events at Walt Disney World Resort – Get ready to ring in 2020 with one of these fabulous New Year’s Eve events at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Top Ways to Celebrate the Launch of Disney+ at Disney Parks – This week marked the launch of Disney+ in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more.
- A Salute to Remember: Veterans Day at Walt Disney World Resort – Supporting our active-duty military personnel and veterans is a tradition that began with our founders Walt and Roy Disney who both served their nation during World War I.
- Find Your #HappyPlace: A Ride on Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – For years Star Wars fans have been eager for a chance to fly the “fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy,” and now, you can!
- Star Wars Stories Come to Life With Face-to-Face Interactions at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – If you’ve had the chance to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, then you know Disney cast members and Star Wars characters interact with guests in ways never experienced before in a Disney park.
- Cast of Disney’s ‘Frozen 2’ Kicks Off the Holiday Season at Disneyland Resort – This past weekend, “Frozen 2” voice actors Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad gathered at Disneyland park as we kicked off the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort.
- Save the Date: Anaheim Ducks Day Returns Jan. 8, 2020 to Disney California Adventure Park – Mark your calendars and set your “goals” for 2020! On Jan. 8, 2020, Anaheim Ducks Day will once again return to Disney California Adventure park.
- 10 Twinkling Ways to Enjoy the Holidays at the Hotels of Disneyland Resort – The holidays are one of the most enchanting times of the year to visit the Disneyland Resort and stay at one of three on-property hotels! Here are 10 merry and bright ways you can immerse yourself in the magic of the season.