From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Michael Ramirez
When Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens at the Disneyland Resort one week from today, you will be able to ride one of the most ambitious, advanced and immersive experiences ever undertaken by Walt Disney Imagineering. Already open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida, this epic adventure blurs the lines between fantasy and reality on a scale never seen before in a Disney attraction.
Here are seven ways to make the most out of your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and planning tips for the highly anticipated opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance on Jan. 17 at Disneyland park:
1. Download the official Disneyland mobile app
First things first. The Disneyland app* allows you to navigate that land and even utilize the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when you are in the land. Be sure to download before you go!
2. Plan around your attraction experience
Starting Jan. 17 as needed, a virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance may be implemented to help deliver the best possible guest experience, allowing guests to explore other areas of the park while waiting for their turn to ride. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Access by Boarding Group, available from the main page. Here’s how it will work:
- Request to join a boarding group to ride the attraction, once you have entered Disneyland park. The virtual queue will not be available until published park opening hours.
- Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the attraction queue and you can monitor status of boarding groups from the app.
- There also will be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission that will be scanned upon entry of the attraction.
- Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status.
- Admission into Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the attraction.
3. Make a reservation for select experiences
Whether you’re looking to craft your own lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop, build your very own custom astromech droid unit at Droid Depot, or sip on a delicious concoction at Oga’s Cantina, these three locations offer advance reservations up to 60 days in advance. These popular experiences book up quickly, so be sure to check out the Disneyland Resort website or the Disneyland app to make your reservations today!
4. Display your affiliation with the rebellious Resistance or the intimidating First Order
You’re encouraged to live out your Star Wars story and dress the part while visiting Batuu, however, keep in mind the Disneyland Resort costume policy is in effect. While costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older, appropriate bounding—dressing in outfits inspired by Star Wars—is permitted.
5. Find a buddy to ride with you
Head to Batuu’s marketplace to check out the Creature Stall. You may find an exotic creature or critter from around the galaxy to accompany you aboard Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, including a sassy Kowakian monkey-lizard or an adorable porg!
6. Explore Black Spire Outpost with your Star Wars: Datapad through the Play Disney Parks App
If you’ve traveled to Batuu, you may be familiar with the Star Wars: Datapad, a land-wide interactive experience available through the Play Disney Parks mobile app.* There are so many ways to explore with your Datapad, including choosing to support the Resistance or First Order by selecting new jobs within the app as you move through the Resistance clearing and towards the new attraction.
7. Follow the experience with a refreshing treat
After escaping the clutches of the dark side, treat yourself to a local delicacy in Batuu – Blue Milk and Green Milk! Available at the Milk Stand, these frosty confections are an invigorating, refreshing drink. Pair your milk with a sweet, savory snack made with popcorn from Kat Saka’s Kettle. Try the new chocolate popcorn with Crait Red Salt – yum!
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens Jan. 17 at the Disneyland Resort. Rising Moons!
*Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first. Some features require separate theme park admission