From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Michele
Keep the Disney Magic Alive from Home….. My Suggestions!
Well, we all are in uncertain times to say the very least. With all of Disney’s Parks being closed worldwide, a lot of people are feeling a bit sad and are already missing the magic that Disney brings to so many. Yes, the parks are closed through at least the end of the month, but we can try to still keep the Disney magic alive during this downtime. Here are a few suggestions from me to you!
- Disney+ ~ If you haven’t gotten the Disney streaming service Disney+ yet, now may be a good time to do so. You and your family can watch almost any Disney movie that you choose right from the comforts of home. Disney+ also has shows, documentaries like The Imagineering Story which I highly recommend, plus favorites from Marvel and Star Wars. There is plenty of content there to keep you and your Disney loving family entertained. They also just added Frozen 2 to the lineup, so it’s a great time to have Disney+.
- Disney baking ~ One thing that Disney fans love at the parks are the treats, especially the baked goods and cupcakes. Why not make your own Disney cupcakes to fill the void you may be feeling? I’m not advocating stress eating, but baking some fun Disney treats could be a great way to occupy some time for you and the kids. Look on Disney Family’s site, they have a lot of recipes to choose from. Once your cute Disney treats are done, you get the joy of eating them. It’s a win-win!
- TMSM on YouTube ~ Did you know that The Main Street Mouse has a YouTube channel? We sure do! Our YouTube channel has a large amount of Disney Parks footage including ride through videos from various locations and more. Both Walt Disney World and the Disneyland Resort! Get your Disney fix with us on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheMainStreetMouse.
- Disney Crafting ~ Making Disney crafts is a great way to add a little magic to your day. As I said above, Disney Family has recipes but they also have excellent ideas for crafting. How about making your own mouse ears from home? Or picture frames? How about party favors and such to go along with the Disney treats that you just made? It all sounds pretty good to me.
- TMSM Radio ~ If you’re missing the Parks, we have something that could help remedy that. TMSM Radio. This smart phone app is FREE and has 24/7 Disney music from parks, attractions, movies, shows and more. You can find TMSM Radio in your App Store or Google Play. Did I mention that it’s FREE?
So, there you have it. These are just a few suggestions for you to stay Disney happy in the next few weeks. Yes, these are trying times for everyone, but we need to do what we can to stay positive and get through this together. Stay tuned to The Main Street Mouse every day, as we will continue to bring you as much Disney magic as we can, we’re in it for the duration! Sending you all love, blessings and pixie dust! ~M