From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Alex Dunlap
If you’re looking for a fun recipe for the whole family to make together, then this yummy breakfast dish might just be the one for you! This Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast is a perfectly sweet way to start your morning and is one of the many dishes that rotate seasonally on the menu at Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
This fun French toast will definitely taste like paradise and is one more way for you to create #DisneyMagicMoments with the whole family.
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana, French Toast from Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe!
- 8 thick slices day-old challah bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate syrup and powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9x13x2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Slice bananas into 1/2-inch slices, and add to bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs, chocolate milk, cinnamon, and salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Stir gently until bread cubes have absorbed egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Chef’s Note: Challah is traditional Jewish yeast bread, rich with eggs, sweetened with honey that makes the best French toast.
From our Disney family to yours, we hope you enjoy this yummy recipe! And be sure to share the fun with Disney fans all over the world using the hashtag #DisneyMagicMoments. Keep checking back to the Disney Parks Blog for even more #DisneyMagicMoments and more magical recipes. Happy snacking, Disney fans!