From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Michele
The school year just wrapped up, and Summer is almost upon us! Why not celebrate with these adorable Mickey Mouse Beach Cupcakes? Here’s how you make them!
Prep Time 15 minutes
What you’ll need
- Knife or frosting spatula
- Freezer Paper
- Craft Knife
- Crushed graham crackers or sprinkles
How to make it
- Cut a square of freezer paper that is slightly bigger than the top of your cupcake (I did about a 3.5 inch square). You’ll notice that one side of the paper is shiny and one side is matte. On the matte side, draw or trace your design.
- Using a sharp craft knife, cut out your design (this is a job for adults!).
- Frost your cupcakes with a knife or spatula. Lay your stencil, shiny side DOWN, on top of the frosting and press gently around the edges to make sure your crumbs or sprinkles won’t leak out.
- Pour graham cracker crumbs or sprinkles all over the top of the cupcake and then shake it gently over a bowl to remove the excess. Repeat.
- Carefully peel off your stencil and repeat on remaining cupcakes. You may want to use a paper towel or napkin to wipe any excess frosting off the stencil between cupcakes.
*From our friends at Spoonful!