From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Sean Sposato
In a new release, Universal Orlando revealed their upcoming Jurassic World VelociCoaster coming to Universal’s Islands of Adventure–which they say will “bring to life the edge-of-your-seat excitement of Universal pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s Epic Film franchise in an extreme roller coaster experience.”
Per a release by Universal Orlando, this new coaster will be Florida’s fastest and tallest launch coaster in the state and it is set to premiere at the Central Florida theme park resort in 2021.
Pictured below, in newly released concept art, the attraction was designed by the award-winning Universal Creative team in partnership with the filmmakers from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment. The coaster is being billed as an exciting new adventure unlike any other and will include a series of intense maneuvers, including the catapulting of riders at 70 mph at more than 150-feet in the air.
This new attraction will be the first-ever roller coaster in the world based on the blockbuster franchise and will feature an original story that expands upon the thrills, dinosaurs and environments fans have seen on the big screens.
Per release by Universal,
Guests will join the original cast of the films – Chris Pratt as Owen Grady, Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing and BD Wong as Dr. Henry Wu – as Jurassic World unveils the next evolution of its “carnivore expansion”: the VelociCoaster, where riders embark on a high-speed chase and feel the rush of the hunt while racing alongside a nimble Velociraptor pack.
The Jurassic World VelociCoaster will raise the bar in extreme roller coaster design and become the ultimate experience for coaster enthusiasts and thrill-seekers. Spanning more than 4,700 feet of track and reaching heights of up to 155 feet, the coaster’s signature maneuvers will have guests twisting and soaring above land, barrel rolling just inches above water, speeding through near-misses and launches within the paddock, and more…with just a lap restraint holding them in place.
The attraction will also include these other exciting features:
- Accelerate through two pulse-pounding launches, the fastest reaching 70 mph in 2.4 seconds
- Encounter a one-of-a-kind, 360-degree barrel roll right above the Islands of Adventure lagoon
- Experience a zero-gravity inverted stall that will send riders upside down across 100 feet of track in a jaw-dropping maneuver that is the first of its kind
- Go airborne during the towering “Top Hat,” which propels riders 155 feet in the air and then immediately into an 80 degree drop – Universal’s steepest drop yet
- Brace for a total of 12 heart-pounding seconds of airtime – the thrilling sensation of weightlessness riders feel when they’re lifted from their seats – throughout the entire adventure
What are your thoughts on this new attraction coming to Universal Orlando? Let us know in the comments!