From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Michele
The spooky season is upon us! Yes, this year has been much different to say the least, maybe with a little less Halloween spirit. Let’s try to fix that! To help get us in the mood, here is a great idea for you to try with the kids, or maybe just a fun project for you to do on your own! Jack Skellington Cupcakes!!
- Batch of chocolate cupcakes
- White buttercream frosting
- 2 toothpicks
- Tube of black decorator’s icing
- Frost the cupcakes.
- For each cupcake, use the tip of a toothpick to lightly etch the outline of two large Jack Skellington eyes in the frosting.
- Slowly pipe black decorator’s icing onto the etched lines and then fill in the inner circles. Use another toothpick to spread and smooth the icing.
- Pipe on two short lines for a nose. Next, pipe a long line across the bottom of the cupcake for the mouth. For the finishing spooky touch, randomly top the mouth with a bunch of short icing barbs.
That’s it!! It’s that easy!! Piece of cake!! Stay tuned for more fun Fall recipes and projects as we get closer to Halloween!