Fall is finally here and we’re already waking up to those nice cool and crisp mornings. The leaves are falling and the uggs are coming out of the closets. Pumpkin spice is flooding the marketsand fall decorations are up all over the place. If you read my last article, you’ll recall that I made some changes to the parks and this article won’t be any different except this one is going to be a fall edition. We’ll be making some new seasonal changes around the parks. It’ll be fun and remember, these are my ideas, these are not coming to the parks. So sit back and enjoy this fall edition of “Imagineer for a Day”.
1. Bring back the Not So Scary Halloween party for 2020. Why cancel this? Wait times during the day are hitting up to 2 hours again with “limited” capacity, there’s no reason not to have the party. It has always been a limited number of people in for the party, so I don’t necessarily see any difference with the crowd levels.
2. More pumpkin spice everywhere. We’re going to put pumpkin spice in everything. You can already get it in waffles, milkshakes and coffees. But we’re going to expand it. Pumpkin spice dole whips, why not? How about somepumpkin spice popcorn or pumpkin spice flavored sodas. It’s going to be all over the place and people will eat it up.
3. A live version of the 1949 classic The Legend of Sleepy Hollow will come to the park. We’ll transform a section of a park into Sleepy Hollow, New York and have all the characters walking around including the headless horseman, Ichabod Crane and the van Tassels.
4. We’ll re-open the waterparks and convert them to a haunted water park at night. Just think about riding Cross Country Creek or Castaway Creek in a dark, low light setting with the creepies watching from the sides waiting to scare you.
5. The Haunted Mansion will get an overlay of different Disney spooky films from over the years. How about a scene of the 1929 Skeleton Dance or a Hocus Pocussection? Of course Nightmare Before Christmas will be present. We’ll even have something from the Tim Burton classic Frankenweenie.
There you have it, the fall edition of Imagineer for a Day. I hope you enjoyed reading this while sipping on something with pumpkin spice and curled up by a big fire while wearing your favorite pair of uggs. Until next time.
Corey Tucker has been a writer, moderator, and an admin, amongst various other roles with the TMSM for over 8 years. When he’s not playing with radiation at his day job at a nuclear plant, he can be found hanging out with friends and family and possibly planning another trip to Walt Disney World. If you frequent the site very often (or at least on Tuesdays) then you’ve probably heard of the world famous blog posting “Tuesdays with Corey”, that’s him. Every Tuesday he has a blog about foods, history of the parks or whatever he feels is pertinent at the moment. So if you don’t currently read his blogs, please start. It’s been known to change lives…really it has.