From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Sean Sposato
The holidays have officially arrived at both the Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando resorts. And with this change of season comes epic deals for Florida residents to experience the holiday fun coming to all of the Disney and Universal theme parks.
Walt Disney World is currently offering its Florida Resident Disney Magic Flex Ticket. The ticket can be purchased in either 3- or 4-day admissions with the ability to visit 1 park per day. This special offers residents the ability to pay as little as $58 per day for guests aged 10+ ($174 per ticket).
This special is valid November 20, 2020 and November 29, 2020 through December 18, 2020.
Have you not yet heard of the holiday attractions coming to Walt Disney World this year? Here’s a few we’re looking forward to!
- Castle Projections – Watch in awe as Cinderella Castle is transformed with cheerful projections.
- Themed Character Cavalcades – Wave to Mickey and friends as they show off their holiday spirit during festive sightings, along with a special appearance by Santa Claus himself!
- Holiday Trolley – Don’t miss the Dapper Dans barbershop quartet as they head right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A. on a horse-drawn trolley, delivering merry melodies along the way.
- Main Street Philharmonic – Feel the holiday spirit as Toy Soldiers join the Main Street Philharmonic as they march through Magic Kingdom park, bringing musical holiday cheer for all to hear.
- Seasonal Décor – Explore holly, jolly trimmings and theming throughout Main Street, U.S.A.
- Seasonal Treats – Satisfy your sweet and savory tastes with holiday-inspired food and beverages available for purchase at select locations.
- Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – From November 27 to December 30, be sure to visit our Holiday Kitchens and also take part in our sweet Holiday Cookie Stroll.
- Santa Claus Promenade – Witness Santa Claus’s grand tour around World Showcase in his horse-drawn sleigh, wishing everyone a happy holiday season.
- Mickey and Friends Holiday World Tour – Look for Mickey Mouse and his pals all dressed in their seasonal finest.
- Frozen Holiday Promenade – Watch Queen Anna and Elsa ring in the season, journeying from country to country and waving to their fans—like you—along the way.
- New! Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition Scavenger Hunt – Have a blast tracking down all of the things on Olaf’s list during this fun scavenger hunt.
Plus, there’s music in the air everywhere:
- The JAMMitors will rock the Mill Stage at the Canada Pavilion with playful percussion, capturing the fun and merriment of the holiday season.
- JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season will entertain you with soulful R&B, Gospel, contemporary and traditional Christmas tunes inside the World Showplace.
- The Epcot pianist will take the stage at the World Showplace to perform festive set of holiday music from around the world.
- America Gardens Theatre will play host to a rotating lineup of holiday performances, including Voices of Liberty, who will be performing Voices of the Season and the Mariachi Cobre, who will be celebrating Las Posadas—a tribute to Mexican holiday customs.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Santa Claus Festive Flotilla – See Santa Claus as he sails down the Discovery River to a jolly, world-beat holiday soundtrack.
- Donald’s Dino Bash Festive Flotilla – Discover Donald Duck and friends taking their holiday celebration to the water, waving to everyone as they traverse the Discovery River.
- Chip & Dale’s Festive Flotilla – Groove with Chip ‘n’ Dale as they bring their own style of festive flair to the park’s waterways, jingling through the jungle to the rhythm of the holidays.
- Mickey and Friends Festive Flotilla – Wave to Mickey and pals as they head downriver on a holiday safari filled with Christmas-time fun.
- Discovery Island Drummers Festive Flotilla – Feel the beat as a colorful group of percussionists cruise along the Discovery River, entertaining Guests like you on the shore.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Santa Claus Motorcade – Catch the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade, where an entourage of Elves leads jolly old St. Nick up Hollywood Blvd. in his candy-apple red convertible, packed with a sack of presents!
- The Hollywood Holiday Tower Hotel – Watch the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel make its evening transformation, giving a playful nod to a variety of fan favorite tales including The Muppets, Toy Story, Frozen and Mickey’s Christmas Carol.
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine – Don’t miss Minnie’s yuletide dining experience at this popular restaurant.
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration – Look forward to an unforgettable finale featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf.
- Seasonal Décor – Capture photos of our special festive touches.
Universal Orlando is offering Florida residents a similar deal at 3 days for $55 per day plus tax. The full price per person, per admission, starts at $164.99 per adult. The tickets are good for both parks. However, only one park can be visited per day. This special can be purchased now through December 17, 2020.
Will you be purchasing either of these specials, wether they be for yourself or someone you love? Let us know in the comments!