From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Michele
It’s March, that means it’s time to find fun treats and activities for the next holiday, St Patrick’s Day! We usually find Disney goodies decked out in red, yellow, etc…. but for occasion, Mickey’s shorts have turned green! Easter is coming too, so be on the lookout for fabulous Spring and Easter goodies and activities. Until then, let’s get our Shamrock on!
Mickey’s Shamrock Shorts Cookies
Here’s what you’ll need:
Template for Mickey’s Shamrock Shorts Cookies (found online)
Batch of sugar cookie dough (homemade or store bought)*
Green cookie icing (the kind that hardens when it sets up)
White chocolate chips
Small microwavable mixing bowl
1. Print and cut out the Mickey’s Shamrock Shorts Cookies template. OR, make your own “shorts” cutouts!
2. Heat the oven. Working on a flour-dusted sheet of wax paper, roll out the chilled dough to Mickey short shapes from the dough. Bake the cookies according to the recipe directions and then let them cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, melt a small handful of white chocolate chips in the microwave according to the package directions. Spread the melted candy on wax paper and set it aside for a few minutes to harden. Once it’s ready, cut the candy into thin slivers to use for the shamrock stems, and set them aside for now.
4. Working with one cookie at a time, spread the tops with green cookie icing. Before the icing sets, add two shamrock buttons. For each, press three white chocolate chips (tips down) into the icing, and add a tiny candy stem.
5. Set the decorated cookies aside for the icing to harden (four hours or so) before serving.
Recipe from Disney Family!