From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Michele
What’s a Disney Fan to do when you’re missing the magic? Making a fun Disney recipe can certainly help! Disney Parks bring happiness in many ways, including food. Everyone has a favorite Disney treat, and churros are usually high on the list. So, if a Disney Parks churro is something you’re missing, here’s how to make them at home! Enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
Fun fact! The last time I ordered, Disney served Churros with a side of Sanders fudge dip. That’s a brand from my home state of Michigan. If you haven’t tried Sanders hot fudge and such, you’re missing out, it’s the best! You can order some online, you’ll be glad you did! -M
Follow along on all of our social media accounts for more!
Twitter at mainstreetmouse