From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Jeremy
Super Hero encounters, thrilling adventures, inventive food and drinks, and innovative merchandise are brimming with backstories and several ‘firsts’
ANAHEIM, Calif. – Whether a lifelong fan of Super Heroes or discovering them for the first time, guests visiting the all-new Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park will live out their Super Hero dreams and discover action-packed escapades and compelling stories when the land opens June 4, 2021, at the Disneyland Resort.
In a fully immersive land that’s fun for all ages, the story unfolds with authentic detail as Avengers Campus is comprised of several heroic locations, each hosted by a different Avenger or their ally to share their unique powers and knowledge with new recruits.
Fun facts about the sights, the secrets, the Super Heroes and the snacks:
- CAMPUS stands for Centralized Assembly Mobilized to Prepare, Unite, and Safeguard.
- This entire complex was once owned by Stark Industries under Howard Stark. Tony Stark inherited it and used it to build Avengers Campus.
- Guests at Avengers Campus are invited to an Open House at WEB, which stands for Worldwide Engineering Brigade. It brings together bright inventors like Peter Parker who have been assembled by Tony Stark to invent new technologies and equip everyday people to become Super Heroes.
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure is the first Disney ride-through attraction to feature this iconic Super Hero.
- In true Disney fashion, this new attraction has “Easter Eggs” hidden as gifts for fans. One is a secret map of Avengers Campus, which can be found on the ramp before boarding the WEB Slinger vehicles.
- WEB member Peter Parker is a high school honor student, academic decathlete and former Stark Industries intern.
- Tom Holland reprises his role as Peter Parker in WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. In this exciting new escapade, guests put their web-slinging skills to the test, a feat accomplished with innovative technology adapted specifically for this attraction.
- At Avengers Campus, Peter Parker’s pet project is the Spider-Bot, and his main project is the WEB Slinger vehicle, which allows anyone to shoot webs – just like Spider-Man. Guests may purchase their very own, customizable Spider-Bot at WEB Suppliers in Avengers Campus and at the Disneyland Resort Backlot Premiere Shop in Hollywood Land.
- Guests may see the inventors’ favorite Lucky Dog Pizza boxes throughout the WEB Workshop, and their personalized WEB Workshop lockers.
- Guests will have the chance to witness Spider-Man swinging into action high above Avengers Campus with gravity-defying, acrobatic feats never seen before in a Disney park.
- Aspiring Super Heroes may acquire WEB Tech accessories to make their experience on WEB Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure even more extraordinary. While wearing the WEB Power Band, their hidden features will give them customized powers on the attraction, a Disney Parks first, as well as game play at home.
- New Spider-Man light goggles are as entertaining to see as they are to wear at Avengers Campus, with 17 unique expressions that come to life digitally, conveying a range of emotions that include surprise, mystery and fun.
- Doctor Strange is at the Campus to train recruits in the Mystic Arts. Fascinated students will find him at the Ancient Sanctum, where four books remain tethered to the Ancient Sanctum’s library.
- Guests will learn that mystical Sorcerers known as the Vishanti once built Sanctums on sites of great power throughout the world. Long, long ago one such site stood on the land that is now Avengers Campus.
- Iron Man may be spotted wearing his new armor, the Mark 80.
- Ant-Man and The Wasp, along with Taskmaster, appear for the first time at the Disneyland Resort.
- One structure at the Campus arrived mysteriously from a different planet. The Tivan Collection, owned by Tanaleer Tivan, was transported from the planet Knowhere in the Andromeda Galaxy. Guests who visit will see Tivan’s newest acquisitions at Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! After a thrilling tour of the fortress, guests can add to their own collection of cosmic keepsakes and Super Hero-themed souvenirs at The Collector’s Warehouse.
- When it’s time for a sustenance, guests at Avengers Campus can stop by the Shawarma Palace for tasty treats like the shawarma enjoyed by Avengers after the Battle of New York.
- Food scientists use Ant-Man and The Wasp’s growing and shrinking technology to create super-sized and super-small foods at Pym Test Kitchen featuring Impossible™. Intriguing food and beverage items include the Quantum Pretzel, Proton PB&J Punch, the Not So Little Chicken Sandwich and the Choco Smash CANDY Bar.
- Next door at the Pym Tasting Lab, look for the enlarged beer can with a unique brand: Silver Age. The Pym Tasting Lab menu includes particle-infused cocktail experiments like the Molecular Meltdown.
- The Play Disney Parks app brings unique in-park experiences and family-friendly activities to life with new interactive experiences for Avengers Campus. The more guests explore, the more fun they’ll find by downloading Play Disney Parks through the App Store or Google Play.* New digital achievements and Avengers Campus themed trivia will become available on the app starting June 4, 2021.
Guests may learn more about Avengers Campus at Disneyland.com/AvengersCampus.
*Coverage and app stores not available every-where. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first. Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App StoreSM is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play™ are trademarks of Google Inc.
# # #