From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Sean Sposato
As we all know, the prices to visit the Disney Parks have only become more and more expensive. Just today did the new annual passes to Walt Disney World go on sale—all of which were relatively steep price increases over the previous annual pass tiers. Following the climbing prices of admission to the Walt Disney World, an online study set out to determine what a single ticket might cost to the theme park resort and let’s just say it’s not a pretty sight for your wallet.
The online study, which was done by “Koala,” a company based in Brooklyn that connects vacationers with timeshare owners online, found that a single-day ticket to a Walt Disney World park could cost approximately $253.20 in ten years.
Reportedly, this price point was determined by looking at the price of a current one-day ticket and comparing that to the price of a ticket when the theme park first opened. The company then calculated the compound annual growth rate for Disney World from the time it opened and applied this for ten years down the line: 2031.
The company calculated that since opening there has been an average price increase of 7.4% each year, with tickets now costing upwards of $124. “Following the trajectory, 2031 could see a Disney trip costing $253.20, making it the most expensive report in the world,” according to the study.
The study also went on to determine the price points of single-day tickets at the Disney Parks around the world. Here is how they stacked up:
Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, California)
- ¥ Original single-day ticket price: $2.50, opened in 1955
- ¥ Current price: $124, mid-tier when choosing a single day
- ¥ Predicted 2031 price: $223.96
- ¥ Original single-day ticket price: $36, opened in 1992
- ¥ Current price: $94.11
- ¥ Predicted 2031 price: $130
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
- ¥ Original single-day ticket price: $25, opened in 2005
- ¥ Current price: $82.21
- ¥ Predicted 2031 price: $119.71
Tokyo Disney Resort
- ¥ Original single-day ticket price: $39, opened in 1983
- ¥ Current price: $74.96
- ¥ Predicted 2031 price: $89.42
Shanghai Disney Resort
- ¥ Original single-day ticket price: $57, opened in 2016
- ¥ Current price: $60.91
- ¥ Predicted 2031 price: $70.8
What are your thoughts on these predicted price points? Let us know in the comments!