From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Emily
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — The soul-stirring “Candlelight Processional” returns to the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth now through Dec. 30, 2021. It’s one of the many cherished cultural traditions from around the globe that make up this popular festival. Guests will also discover savory seasonal flavors, uplifting entertainment and storytelling guaranteed to stir the Yuletide senses with wide-eyed wonderment.
To top it all off, this year’s festival takes place during The World’s Most Magical Celebration commemorating the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. The celebration adds to the merrymaking with events taking on an EARidescent glow.
To the delight of all, EPCOT welcomes back “Candlelight Processional,” a Disney Parks tradition. This heartwarming production at America Gardens Theatre features the Voices of Liberty a capella ensemble, a choir of Disney cast members, live orchestra and celebrity narrators retelling the Christmas story.
Award-winning actors, singers and TV personalities scheduled to perform include: Chita Rivera, Lisa Ling, Andy Garcia, Steven Curtis Chapman, Blair Underwood and Pat Sajak.
Elsewhere around the festival:
- Guests of all ages can take part in Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition Scavenger Hunt to search for holiday traditions Olaf has gathered from around the world—and lost along the way!
- A stirring and uplifting performance of music in celebration of Christmas and Kwanzaa “JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season” returns to the World Showcase Plaza Stage.
- Holiday traditions of the world come to life around World Showcase with storytellers, musical acts and other performers. Unique presentations include Las Posadas at the Mexico pavilion, the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs in the Canada pavilion, a Chinese Lion Dance celebrating the new year in the China pavilion, a Hannukkah storyteller along the promenade and other delightful holiday storytellers in France, Italy, Japan, Norway and United Kingdom.
- Holiday Kitchens will cook up treasured recipes from around the globe—from slow-roasted turkey and holiday pot pie to pumpkin gingerbread cheesecake and peppermint sundaes.
- Mmmm… savor the aromas from the all-new Chestnuts and Good Cheer Holiday Kitchen that will dish out fire-roasted chestnuts and cinnamon-glazed almonds and cashews.
- Lace up your sneakers for the Holiday Cookie Stroll. Purchase any five cookies from any of the official Cookie Stroll locations. Once your Festival Passport shows five stamps, bring it to Holiday Sweets & Treats to receive a specialty cookie.
- Shop around the world for those on your holiday gift list without leaving EPCOT. From designer French fragrances and handmade confectionery treats to festive holiday wines and teas from around the world, there is something for everyone on your gift list.
- No holiday celebration is complete without the Jolly Old Man himself. From now through Dec. 24, Santa Claus pays a visit to The American Adventure, giving guests the opportunity to wave hello, pose for a photo and share their fondest Christmas wish.
For more details on this year’s holiday events and activities, visit disneyworld.com.