From the Walt Disney World News and written by:
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Feb. 9, 2022) – It’s that time of year when hearts go aflutter over someone special, and families, couples and friends draw ever closer together around shared experiences. This makes The Most Magical Place on Earth the perfect destination for Valentine’s Day to work its enduring magic.
Walt Disney World Resort offers an alluring assortment of dining options, memorable experiences and treasured merchandise throughout its theme parks, resort hotels and Disney Springs. And making this romantic time of year even sweeter is “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” honoring the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World, creating an especially sentimental setting for embracing cherished moments.
Lovebirds can relish a moonlit stroll along Seven Seas Lagoon, opt for a couples massage at a Disney spa, or admire the artistry of Drawn to Life presented by Cirque du Soleil and Disney. Guests can even surprise their loved ones with a room delivery from Disney Floral and Gifts or shower them with special keepsakes selected from locations at Disney Springs such as Ever After Jewelry Co. and Accessories, or World of Disney. A wide assortment of merchandise is also available at shopDisney.com, perfect for this special occasion.
For food lovers, restaurants across the theme parks and Disney Resort hotels roll out special Valentine’s Day menus. Many offerings are for a limited time.
Romantic Resort Dining Offerings
Many table-service restaurants will feature menu enhancements or special desserts for the long Valentine’s Day weekend. Among the romantic offerings:
- Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort features Spanish flavors and stunning views from atop the Gran Destino Tower where hopeless romantics can feast on the Chef’s Signature Dinner for Two, including artisanal charcuterie, Chuletón bone-in ribeye for two, and a Toledo Tapas Bar dessert.
- Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk offers heartwarming Italian ambiance and rich indulgences such as the Porterhouse Beefsteak for Two and the Cherry Cordial Brownie dessert.
- Flying Fish at Disney’s BoardWalk presents a sophisticated setting and contemporary dishes such as filet mignon perfectly paired with lobster tail, followed by the Cocoa Breach Vanilla Custard dessert.
Sweets Among the Resort Hotels
For a limited time, special dessert delectables can be found at select resort quick-service locations. Here is just a sampling:
- Available Feb. 9 to 20 is the Sweetheart Chocolate Cupcake, filled with hazelnut cream topped with chocolate hazelnut and strawberry buttercream, a white chocolate heart, and strawberry crisp pearls. This returning favorite will be featured at:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.
- From Feb. 9 to 20 at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort and Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, guests can savor the new Sweetheart Sundae – a Mickey and Minnie red velvet waffle with chocolate and strawberry swirl, hot fudge, strawberry sauce, and whipped cream.
- Now through Feb. 28 at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, France inspires the Mickey Beignet with cinnamon candy drizzle. Or, try Baton Rouge Beignets: two pillowy-soft donuts with all the savories of the Mickey Beignet plus a pipette of cinnamon whisky.
- Through Feb. 15 at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Gasparilla Island Grill entices hearts and tastebuds with a Valentine’s Day Chocolate Cherry Blondie Pop dipped in dark chocolate.
Theme Park Treats
MAGIC KINGDOM PARK
Sugary sweets and treats to mark the big day will be found up and down Main Street, U.S.A. Main Street Confectionery is the home for indulging in everything from chocolates to caramel apples to crispy treats in romantic shapes. Those in search of the perfect gift for Disney lovers can even stock up on new Valentine’s-themed caps, plush and headbands.
On Feb. 14, both Coral Reef Restaurant in World Nature and Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada pavilion of World Showcase will feature a new dessert to tempt sweet tooths: flourless chocolate cake finished with fresh berries, raspberry whipped cream and raspberry meringue. And you can always whisper sweet nothings from a romantic waterside table at La Hacienda de San Angel at the Mexico pavilion in World Showcase or profess a love that’s over the moon as you dine among the stars at the new Space 220 Restaurant in World Discovery.
DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
At the Disney park where excitement awaits at every turn, tasty Valentine’s desserts will take centerstage Feb. 11 to 14. At ABC Commissary, edible bling will dazzle in the form of an unforgettable Engagement Ring Cake: chocolate cake filled with raspberry sauce atop a shortbread cookie adorned with a glittering white-chocolate engagement ring. The Hollywood Brown Derby will dish up a Red Velvet White Chocolate Mousse, and The Trolley Car Café will feature a Red Velvet Whoopie Pie filled with cream cheese buttercream and topped with strawberry buttercream.
Disney Springs Delights
With its lakeside setting and footbridges arching over bubbling springs, this retail, dining and entertainment district is perfect for those who adore Valentine’s sweets:
- From Feb. 10 to 24, Amorette’s Patisserie will showcase the new stunning Hearts of Romance Cake, a delicious strawberry shortcake.
- Through Feb. 14, The Ganachery will present impressive confections such as the Sweetheart Minnie Pinata, a chocolate sphere filled with marshmallow and chocolate, and Ruby Kiss Bon Bons, kiss-shaped treats made from ruby chocolate.
- Through Feb. 26, Marketplace Snacks will feature DOLE Whip Chocolate soft-serve swirled with DOLE Whip strawberry garnished with a chocolate-dipped strawberry.
- For guests who want to fan the flames of desire, Vivoli il Gelato will offer “The Love Potion” float: vanilla gelato, strawberry Fanta, and whipped cream.
- And for those who prefer to indulge in their beauty routine, Basin will offer the sweetest skincare through Feb. 28.
50th Anniversary: New Heartwarming Experiences
New experiences introduced as part of the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World offer plenty of opportunities for creating heartfelt memories:
- “Disney Enchantment,” a new nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park, features stunning fireworks, powerful music, enhanced lighting and, for the first time, immersive projection effects that extend down Main Street, U.S.A.
- New at EPCOT is “Harmonious,” one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney park offering a grand, powerful tribute to the unifying power of story and song.
- In the newly expanded France pavilion of World Showcase at EPCOT, guests can discover Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure as they stroll along a romantic waterside pathway and Parisian street scenes inspired by the film.
Hearts at Play: Other Special Experiences
Both Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside and Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter offer romantic settings located along the scenic Sassagoula River. Starting Feb. 4, the hopelessly enraptured can enjoy 25-minute horse-drawn carriage rides along its rustic banks, with views of fragrant magnolias, Spanish moss and wildlife (fees apply). Advance reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 407-WDW-PLAY or 407-939-7529.
Another option for guests who simply want to enjoy nature while gazing lovingly into each other’s eyes is a peaceful boat cruise down the Sassagoula River. Complimentary water taxi service is available daily from both resorts, going to and from Disney Springs, and features a tranquil journey filled with picturesque views of the lushly landscaped forest.
The Ultimate Expression of Love
On Feb. 13, couples interested in exploring options with Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings can head over to Disney’s Wedding Pavilion from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (no appointment needed) to attend an open house, meet with the Disney Weddings team and take a self-guided tour of select venues. Those wanting to learn more about celebrating their wedding, vow renewal, engagement or honeymoon at Walt Disney World Resort may visit www.DisneyWeddings.com.
For more on special Valentine’s Day offerings at Walt Disney World Resort, guests can visit www.Disneyworld.com.