From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Sean Sposato
It’s official: Disney Cruise Line is no longer requiring guests aboard their ships to wear face coverings. Beginning on cruises embarking through March 10, Disney Cruise Line will make face coverings optional.
The news comes from the official Disney Cruise Line website, featured below:
For sailings that embark through March 10, all Guests (ages 2 and up, including those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19) are required to wear face coverings indoors. Exceptions include when Guests are in their staterooms or actively eating or drinking (while stationary and maintaining an appropriate physical distance). Face coverings are not required for Guests outdoors while on board the ship and at designated locations. For sailings originating from a U.S. port of departure beginning March 11, 2022, face coverings will be optional in most indoor locations throughout our ships. Guests ages 2 and up, including those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, will still be required to wear face coverings in the Walt Disney Theatre. Guests under 5 years of age who are currently ineligible to be vaccinated will be required to wear face coverings in Youth Activity spaces and in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique; and, while not required, we continue to strongly recommend these guests wear a face covering in all other indoor locations. Face coverings may be required in ports of call based on local government requirements.
All face coverings should:
- Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free.
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face.
- Be secured with ties or ear loops.
- Be made of 2 layers of breathable material, either disposable or reusable, that is not elastic in nature, such as spandex and elastane.
Guests may bring face coverings that have an integrated transparent plastic panel to aid in viewing the wearer’s mouth. These face coverings must:
- Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
- Be a fabric face covering featuring a solid plastic panel containing no openings that is attached to the fabric on all sides using tight knit stitching
- Meet all face covering requirements listed above
It is worth noting that even with these new guidelines, guests under 5 years of age who are currently ineligible to be vaccinated will be required to wear face coverings in youth activity spaces and in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
For more information, you can head over to the official Disney Cruise Line website by clicking here.
What are your thoughts on these changes to the face covering policy on Disney Cruise Line? Let us know in the comments!