From the Walt Disney World News and written by:
ANAHEIM, Calif. – Disneyland Resort guests can savor a smorgasbord of specialty dishes and experiences at the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, taking place March 4 through April 26, 2022. A dozen Festival Marketplaces peppered throughout Disney California Adventure Park serve irresistible small plates and beverages inspired by California-grown ingredients, plus dining locations across Disney California Adventure offer festival-inspired fare.
To guide their culinary tour of California, guests can view the full festival menu on the Disney Parks Blog or pick up a Tasting Passport during their visits. A Sip and Savor Pass* offers eight entitlement tabs redeemable for select food and nonalcoholic beverages at participating locations.
Beverages Inspired by the Golden State
The cornucopia of innovative food and beverages at the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival highlights the diverse cuisines and flavors of the Golden State, with a distinct Disney twist. Notable inspirations behind featured beverages include:
- Mezcaleros ancho sandia margarita: This cocktail was inspired by the Mexican heritage of many California residents. Additionally, watermelon is commonly grown in both California and Mexico (LA Style).
- Sake-melon ’75: California’s Japanese American community is reflected in the use of cantaloupe, which is commonly grown in both California and Japan (LA Style).
- Blackberry-lavender lemonade (nonalcoholic) celebrates the Sierra Nevada Mountains that stretch along California’s eastern border. Blackberries represent the wild berries that grow throughout the forest, and lavender represents the many wildflowers (Cluck-A-Doodle Moo).
- Orange-honey cold brew (nonalcoholic) pays homage to citrus, one of the most prominent California-grown ingredients, and the orange groves the Disneyland Resort was built upon (Golden Dreams).
Exciting New Offerings
This year’s Festival Marketplaces offer more than 15 new dishes for guests to discover. Highlights include:
- Chile relleno empanada with arbol pepper salsa and Oaxaca and Cotija cheeses (Peppers Cali-Ente)
- IPA sausage dog on a soft pretzel roll with onion-pepper Jardinière, cheddar cheese sauce and malt vinegar-jalapeño crunch (California Craft Brews)
- Mango-carrot gazpacho with grilled shrimp and jalapeño crema (Golden Dreams)
- Strawberry cheesecake with lemon Chantilly (Berry Patch)
Young guests can explore and expand their palate with delightful, kid-friendly options such as:
- Cubano slider: slow-roasted mustard-crusted pork and sliced smoked ham with melted Swiss cheese and slice of pickle served on a Hawaiian roll (D•Lish)
- Peanut butter and jelly mac with brown sugar streusel and strawberry crackle; vegetarian (Nuts About Cheese)
- Frozen guacamole: avocado paleta with lime crema, pico de gallo and chile-lime seasoning; vegetarian (Avocado Time)
- Chocolate hazelnut crunch: chocolate-hazelnut mousse topped with chocolate-hazelnut glaze and a gold leaf (Uncork California)
Returning Guest Favorites
Culinary adventurers may once again relish in irresistible, fan-favorite small plates. Among the offerings making a comeback are:
- French onion grilled beef tenderloin slider: grilled beef tenderloin topped with a Gruyère cheese sauce and caramelized onions, served on an onion roll (Cluck-A Doodle Moo)
- Petite avocado Impossible™ burger with dairy-free pepper jack; plant-based (Avocado Time)
- Carbonara-garlic mac and cheese with peppered bacon (Garlic Kissed)
- SNICKERS caramel-peanut milk chocolate Mickey macaron: chocolate Mickey macaron filled with caramel ganache and SNICKERS pieces (Nuts About Cheese)
Guests are encouraged to visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort, including updates on required face coverings. To enter a theme park, guests (ages 3 and older) will need a valid ticket and a theme park reservation for the same day and same park they want to visit. Theme park reservations are limited, and subject to availability. Certain parks, attractions, restaurants, experiences, services, and offerings may be modified or unavailable, limited in capacity, and subject to limited availability or even closure. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.
*A Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Sip and Savor Pass will expire on April 26, 2022, and will not be valid at any other event or at any other time. Passes are nonrefundable, subject to restrictions, and not valid for Theme Park admission. No substitutions. Sip and Savor offerings at participating restaurants may be tasting-size portions only, not full entrée sizes.
Event and its elements are subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.