From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Michele
Inspired with a Winnie the Pooh Theme……
It’s Easter time, and I know a lot of you will be busy preparing dinners and desserts for family and friends. If you’re looking to add something extra to a classic cupcake, and want to add a little Disney Flare, then this may help you out! If you’re a fan of Winnie the Pooh, then this is an even better idea, courtesy of Disney Family!
As an avid gardener, Rabbit was always working hard to protect the vegetables he raised from the bugs and crows. And though few things made him grumpier than when someone tried tosteal his carrots, he could never be accused of refusing to share his lunch. Topped with miniature candy carrots, these holiday cupcakes make the perfect treat for Rabbit to serve a silly old bear, or any other resident of the Hundred Acre Wood, that might happen to stop by at lunchtime on Easter day. Even Winnie the Pooh is bound to love them, almost as much as honey.
Supplies that you’ll need:
Orange Starburst candies (one for each carrot)
Kitchen skewer or toothpick
Batch of cupcakes
1. With clean hands, knead each Starburst candy and roll it into a mini carrot shape. If the candy is too stiff, you can microwave it for 4 or 5 seconds. But don’t overdo it — the candy will melt if it’s overheated.
2. Use the skewer or toothpick to make a hole about 1/4-inch deep in the top of each carrot.
3. Cut 1 1/2-inch lengths from a Twizzler and then snip them in half vertically. Turn each half into a leafy top by cutting fringe in one end.
4. Insert the carrot tops into the holes in the carrots. If they don’t fit, try trimming the bases a bit to taper them. Or use the skewer tip to gently push them in place.
5. When all the carrots are made (you’ll want 2 or 3 per cupcake), frost the cupcakes and sprinkle the centers with cinnamon sugar to resemble a patch of sandy soil.
6. “Plant” the carrots in the cupcakes, leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the orange candy showing.
Disney can be added to ANY holiday if you use your imagination, and dig deep inside to find some Disney Magic!! Enjoy!