From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Scott
SeaWorld Orlando Challenges Guests to Ride All Roller Coasters in the Park on National Roller Coaster Day
- In honor of National Roller Coaster Day, SeaWorld Orlando offers park guests the opportunity to conquer all six roller coasters in the theme park
- SeaWorld Orlando is the Coaster Capital of Orlando, with the most roller coasters in a single theme park
- Participating guests will get a free Quick Que Unlimited pass to use during another visit to SeaWorld Orlando
- Limited-time BOGO 50% sale allows park guests to buy one admission ticket and get another for half the price through August 14
On Tuesday, August 16, SeaWorld Orlando is challenging park guests to ride all six roller coasters in the park to celebrate National Roller Coaster Day. With the most roller coasters in a single park, SeaWorld Orlando is known as the Coaster Capital of Orlando. Guests can feel the speed of an apex predator on Mako, discover the wonder of a forgotten kingdom on Journey to Atlantis, or race around Sesame Street on Super Grover’s Box Car Derby. Participating guests will get a lanyard to keep track of the roller coasters they ride. Once guests finish the challenge and post on social media with the hashtag #CoasterCapital, they will get to keep their commemorative lanyard and will receive a Quick Que Unlimited pass to use on another day at SeaWorld Orlando. Guests must post to their social media pages to secure their Quick Que Unlimited pass. The roller coasters at SeaWorld Orlando are:
- ALL NEW Ice Breaker: Rated the #1 Best New Theme Park Attraction by USA Today’s Readers’ Choice Awards, Ice Breaker has the steepest beyond vertical drop in Florida, sending guests on a 93-feet tall spike with a 100-degree angle.
- Mako: Rated the #1 Best Roller Coaster by USA Today’s Readers’ Choice Awards, Mako hits speeds up to 73 mph and races up to 200 feet high.
- Manta: Riders will go head-first, face-down on an inverted nosedive on the only flying roller coaster of its kind in Florida.
- Journey To Atlantis: Guests will explore dark, watery passageways through the sunken city before being flung from its gates down a thrilling plunge into the waters below on this exciting flume ride/roller coaster hybrid.
- Kraken: Orlando’s only floorless roller coaster has riders travelling at highway speeds to heights of more than 150 feet.
- Super Grover’s Box Car Derby: This family-friendly coaster is full of fun hills, big turns, and mini-dives! This action-packed race is the perfect first steel roller coaster for kids and adults!
There are a limited number of lanyards that will be available, so guests are encouraged to come to the park early in order to make sure they are able to participate in the Coaster Capital Challenge.
Sunny Day Guarantee
Summer storms are very common in central Florida and sometimes the rain just won’t go away. So, SeaWorld Orlando’s commitment is if the rain ruins the fun at the park, guests will receive a complimentary return visit to be used within one year of their initial visit. They just need to stop by the Guest Services Counter or submit their information online. Guests will need their original admission ticket or order number to receive a Sunny Day Ticket. Annual Pass Members and certain ticket packages are not eligible for Sunny Day Tickets.
Best Way to Play
One of the best ways for guests to celebrate National Roller Coaster Day is with SeaWorld Orlando’s BOGO 50% sale. For a limited time, guests who purchase one park admission ticket can buy a second ticket for half the price. SeaWorld Orlando’s BOGO 50% sale ends August 14. Guests can also experience everything SeaWorld Orlando has to offer with a SeaWorld Orlando 2022 Fun Card, which offers unlimited park admission through December 31, 2022, for one low price. For even more unbeatable benefits, SeaWorld Orlando guests can also become an annual Pass Member for $13/month + tax with no down payment. With an Annual Pass, guests will enjoy 12 months of visits with special benefits like free parking, free guest tickets, access to special VIP events, savings on merchandise and more! Fun Cards and Bronze Annual Passes include blockout dates. Annual Passes and Fun Cards can be purchased at SeaWorldOrlando.com.
About SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Inc.
SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS) is a leading theme park and entertainment company providing experiences that matter, and inspiring guests to protect animals and the wild wonders of our world. The Company is one of the world’s foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The Company collectively cares for one of the largest zoological collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of animals. The Company also rescues and rehabilitates marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned or abandoned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 40,000 animals in need over the last 55 years. SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. owns or licenses a portfolio of recognized brands including SeaWorld, Busch Gardens®, Aquatica®, Sesame Place® and Sea Rescue®. Over its more than 55-year history, the Company has built a diversified portfolio of 12 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which showcase its one-of-a-kind zoological collection. The Company’s theme parks feature a diverse array of rides, shows and other attractions with broad demographic appeal which deliver memorable experiences and a strong value proposition for its guests.