From the Walt Disney World News and written by:
- Southern California Resident Tickets are on sale now for weekday visits Jan. 9 – May 25, 2023
- All-new upcoming celebrations include the Disney 100 Years of Wonder Celebration, two new nighttime spectaculars, the opening of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, reimagined Mickey’s Toontown, plus favorite seasonal festivals and more
- Special offers at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort go on sale Dec. 7, 2022, for visits between Jan. 9 – March 9, 2023
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Dec. 1, 2022) – Disneyland Resort is announcing a special ticket offer for Southern California residents to experience the magic of Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park at a great value. For a limited time, eligible Southern California residents can save on the purchase of a three-day, one-park per day weekday ticket for as little as $73 per person, per day, subject to park reservations.
These tickets are on sale now for weekday visits beginning Jan. 9 through May 25, 2023.* This three-day ticket can be enjoyed on a consecutive three-day visit or on separate occasions across these winter to spring dates, and upgrades to a Park Hopper ticket and purchasing Disney Genie+ service are available at time of purchase.
In addition to this ticket offer, the three Hotels of the Disneyland Resort have special rates on standard and premium rooms for a limited time, with bookings beginning Dec. 7, 2022, for stays Jan. 9 through March 9, 2023.
Southern California Resident Limited-Time Weekday Ticket Offer
- 3-day, 1 park per day weekday ticket for $219
- 3-day Park Hopper weekday ticket for $279
- 3-day, 1 park per day weekday ticket with Disney Genie+ service for $294
- 3-day, Park Hopper weekday ticket with Disney Genie+ service for $354
To enter a park, both a theme park reservation and valid ticket for the same park on the same date are required. Park reservations are limited and subject to availability.
Experiences to look forward to in early 2023
Many exciting celebrations, festivals, shows and attractions are coming to the Disneyland Resort in early 2023, making it a fantastic time to visit the Happiest Place on Earth:
- Lunar New Year – Ushering in good cheer for the Year of the Rabbit, the Lunar New Year celebration returns to Disney California Adventure Park, Jan. 20-Feb. 15, 2023. This joyous celebration commemorates traditions of Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, with Disney characters featuring Mulan, Mushu, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in their festive attire, plus “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” two new culinary marketplaces (for a total of six), kid-friendly crafts, the Lucky Wishes Wall, and the return of “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration” presented prior to “World of Color.”
- Disney 100 Years of Wonder Celebration at Disneyland Resort – The Disneyland Resort begins commemorating The Walt Disney Company’s 100th anniversary on Jan. 27, 2023, with special, limited-time celebrations taking place throughout the resort all year long. The resort will feature new platinum-infused décor, shimmering new looks for Mickey, Minnie and their pals, special food and beverage and merchandise offerings, and more.
- Two all-new nighttime spectaculars – The “Wondrous Journeys” spectacular at Disneyland park and “World of Color – One” at Disney California Adventure park will debut Jan. 27, 2023:
- “Wondrous Journeys” – At Disneyland park, Walt Disney’s original magic kingdom, this spectacular will feature moments from every Walt Disney Animation Studios film to date, with projection effects that transform Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle, “it’s a small world” and Rivers of America into an artist’s canvas that brings characters and their stories to life.
- “World of Color – One” – This spectacular in Disney California Adventure Park pays tribute to the storytelling legacy Walt Disney began a century ago. The show tells a new story of how a single action, like a drop of water, creates a ripple that can grow into a wave of change. It brings some of the most courageous, loving and inspiring characters to life in a new way.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – This new attraction will open on Jan. 27, 2023, when the Disney 100 Years of Wonder Celebration begins at Disneyland Resort. Guests can take a colorful trip through Mickey and Minnie’s world and zip away on a zany adventure through a cartoon universe filled with surprises. This is the first ride-through attraction that stars Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse at Disneyland Resort.
- “Magic Happens” Parade – After a limited debut in 2020, this dynamic daytime parade returns to Main Street, U.S.A., in Disneyland, beginning 24, 2023. Stunning floats, artistic costumes, beloved Disney characters and a high-energy musical score highlight classic Walt Disney Animation Studios tales such as “The Sword in the Stone,” “Cinderella” and “Sleeping Beauty,” to more recent stories including “Frozen 2,” “Moana,” “The Princess and the Frog” and Disney and Pixar’s “Coco.”
- Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival – This spring celebration of California-inspired cuisines, running March 3-April 25, 2023, brings the dynamic and diverse foods and flavors of the Golden State center stage. Innovative dishes and drinks from talented Disneyland Resort chefs will be presented across a number of festival marketplaces. Entertainment for the whole family will include visits from Chef Goofy, craft activities, the Jammin’ Chefs and the “Alice’s Wonderland Bakery Unbirthday Party” cupcake decorating experience for kids. Plus, Soarin’ Over California will return for a limited time during the festival. This attraction celebrates the beauty and wonder of the Golden State, from San Francisco’s iconic Golden Gate Bridge to the crashing waves in Malibu.
- Mickey’s Toontown – A transformation of Mickey’s Toontown in Disneyland Park is currently underway, and the neighborhood that Mickey Mouse and his friends call home will reopen March 8, 2022. The reimagined land will feature some all-new experiences and interactive play areas for families with young children, with grassy play spaces, a sound garden in the new Goofy’s How-to-Play Yard, water play at Donald’s Duck Pond and the fountain in CenTOONial Park, Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster and more.
- Epic adventures – Guests may step right into adventurous stories alongside Super Heroes at Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure, and may encounter the First Order and the Resistance at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland. One never knows who they might meet roaming through the lands.
Guests may save up to 20 percent on select stays at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort
Those who wish to stay and play a little longer in the heart of the magic can enjoy special savings with room offers at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort.** Guests may save up to 20 percent off select standard and premium rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and the Disneyland Hotel, and 10 percent off select standard and premium rooms at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, on select Sunday through Thursday nights, based upon availability from Jan. 9-March 9, 2023. These room offers may be reserved beginning Dec. 7, 2022, for stays beginning Jan. 9, 2023, and must be booked by March 6, 2023.
The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort offer benefits and magical touches that only a Disneyland hotel can provide such as early theme park entry to enjoy select attractions, convenient access to both parks (subject to valid park admission and park reservations), unique hotel activities and more.***
For more information, visit Disneyland.com.
To enter a park, both a theme park reservation and a valid ticket for the same park on the same date is required. Theme park reservations are limited, subject to availability and not guaranteed. Check the latest entertainment details and schedules at Disneyland.com or the Disneyland mobile app. Certain parks, attractions, entertainment, experiences, services, and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Visit https://disneyland.disney.go.com/experience-updates/ for important information to know before visiting Disneyland Resort.
* Offer valid only for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000- 93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999; proof of eligible residency, including valid government-issued photo ID, is required for purchase and admission. Tickets expire 5/25/2023 and are not valid before 1/9/2023. Valid only on weekdays, and subject to blockout dates of every Saturday and Sunday. [Blockout dates of 1/14,1/15,1/21,1/22, 1/28, 1/29, 2/4, 2/5, 2/11, 2/12, 2/18, 2/19, 2/25, 2/26, 3/4, 3/5, 3/11, 3/12, 3/18, 3/19, 3/25, 3/26, 4/1, 4/2, 4/8, 4/9, 4/15, 4/16, 4/22, 4/23, 4/29, 4/30, 5/6, 5/7, 5/13, 5/14, 5/20, 5/21.] Each day of use constitutes one full day of use. May purchase up to 5 tickets per eligible person per day with valid ID. Tickets are nonrefundable, may not be sold or transferred for commercial use and exclude activities/events separately priced. Offer may not be combined with other ticket discounts or promotions. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice. Sales may be paused from time to time or terminated at any time.
**Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room stay at the same hotel, and is valid for select Sunday through Thursday nights from 1/9/23 through 3/9/23. Book from 12/7/22 through 3/6/23; Travel must be completed by 3/10/23. Room types included in this offer are Standard, Premium, Deluxe and Woods/Garden/Courtyard rooms; select Concierge rooms; and Paradise, Artisan, Junior and Family suites. Not valid for select Concierge rooms or for Signature or Premium suites. Not valid on previously booked rooms. Advance reservations required. Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Excludes applicable fees and taxes. Limit two (2) rooms per reservation, and occupancy restrictions apply per room. Additional per-adult charges may apply if more than two (2) adults per room. Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice. Separate Theme Park admission and Theme Park reservation for same date and same park are required to enter a Theme Park. Park reservations are limited, subject to availability, and not guaranteed, and a hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park reservations. Visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort.
*** Valid hotel stay, and both valid Theme Park admission and park reservation for the same Park on the same date required for Park entry. A Hotel room reservation does not guarantee a Theme Park reservation or Park admission. Applicable theme parks, days and times of operation, and attractions, experiences, and offerings for the early entry benefit may vary, be subject to availability, capacity, change and cancellation without notice, and are not guaranteed.
About the Disneyland Resort
The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprising unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club units; the magical, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at-the-beach” theme. For information on attractions and vacations at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents. Located in Anaheim, Calif., the Disneyland Resort opened July 17, 1955. Open daily, year-round.