Disney Dream Offers Fun for the Whole Family
From the Walt Disney World News and written by:
CELEBRATION, Fla. – Disney Cruise Line’s Disney Dream has the perfect recipe for a dream-y family vacation, with immersive spaces perfectly designed for families, kids and adults. From Broadway-style shows to themed dining and fun-filled itineraries, families are met with Disney magic every step of the way and left with memories that last a lifetime.
From dazzling stage shows to over-the-top deck parties, entertainment aboard the Disney Dream is designed to delight the entire family. Broadway-style stage spectaculars delight audiences in the lavish Walt Disney Theatre, one of which is exclusively presented aboard the Disney Dream.
- “Beauty and the Beast” brings Belle’s enchanting adventure to the Walt Disney Theatre stage in a whole new way by incorporating imaginative elements from the live-action film and the classic animated feature. Guests are invited to experience this tale as old as time like never before, as they are whisked away on a magical journey to discover the power of transformation in this Broadway-style musical that is exclusive to the Disney Dream.
- “Disney’s Believe” features a cast of beloved characters who help a father dedicated to his work as a botanist discover that there is something far more important to tend to than his plants.
- “The Golden Mickeys” is a Hollywood-style awards show celebrating the musical heritage of Disney animated films with spectacular songs and special appearances from Mickey and friends.
There are also movies shown in the Walt Disney Theatre, as well as up on deck by the family pool and in the Buena Vista Theatre, a cinema with plush stadium-style seats that screens first-run movies and digital 3-D films.
On select itineraries, there’s an evening brimming with buccaneer fun during the “Pirates IN the Caribbean” celebration. An interactive show featuring Jack Sparrow culminates in a fireworks spectacular choreographed to the dramatic musical score from the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies. As the night rolls on, guests unleash their inner pirate and dance their boots off during a swashbuckling deck party, a family-friendly bash featuring electrifying music, stunning visuals and special effects.
Fun in the Sun on the Upper Decks
Like all Disney Cruise Line ships, the Disney Dream boasts separate pools for children, families and adults. Other fun in the sun includes:
- AquaDuck, a 765-foot long twisting-and-turning water coaster.
- Nemo’s Reef, a special splash-and-play area for little ones up to age 3.
- Goofy’s Sports Deck, featuring a nine-hole miniature golf course and sports simulators.
Enjoying the three uniquely themed family restaurants aboard the Disney Dream is convenient and hassle-free, as guests “rotate” through the restaurants each night accompanied by the same serving team for a variety of menus and cuisines and friendly, personalized service. Royal Palace, an exquisite dining room perfect for any king or queen; Enchanted Garden, a transformative oasis inspired by the gardens of Versailles; and Animator’s Palate, a Disney Cruise Line signature restaurant, are the perfect settings for delicious dining with a magical Disney twist.
While dining at Animator’s Palate, families are immersed in a vivid undersea environment during “Undersea Magic,” where Crush makes a special guest appearance and engages in live impromptu interactions with guests as he swims around the restaurant.
Two adult-exclusive restaurants – Palo, specializing in modern Italian cuisine, and Remy, an upscale and romantic dining experience serving French-inspired cuisine – feature stunning ocean views and a formal, romantic ambiance.
Magic for Kids of All Ages
The Disney Dream continues the Disney Cruise Line tradition of age-appropriate fun for kids of all ages in special designated spaces just for them:
- Disney’s Oceaneer Club transports kids ages 3 to 12 to the magical lands of Disney fairies, courageous Super Heroes, adventuresome toys, undersea exploration and Force-filled characters that are out of this world.
- Disney’s Oceaneer Lab is a nautical wonderland where children ages 3 to 12 embark on a journey of discovery with arts and crafts, gaming and counselor-led activities.
- It’s a Small World Nursery is a whimsical world for infants and toddlers up to age 3 where they are safely cared for by trained Disney counselors.
- Vibe (ages 14 to 17) and Edge (ages 11 to 14) are ultra-cool teen and tween hangouts with comfy couches, music, video games and other chill-out necessities.
At Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, aspiring young princess and knights become Disney royalty with the help of a fairy godmother-in-training. When the pirate deck party is on the evening schedule, the space transforms into The Pirate League, where young sailors can unleash their inner buccaneer with a piratical makeover.
Excitement and Relaxation for Adults
On the Disney Dream, guests step into a domain that’s all their own at The District—an extraordinary adult-exclusive nighttime entertainment neighborhood that features trendy and sophisticated bars and lounges.
- Skyline is an ever-changing venue that celebrates some of the world’s most famous cities. Tall “windows” along one wall give guests a birds-eye view of stunning city skylines such as Paris, Rio, New York, Chicago and Hong Kong.
- Pink: Wine and Champagne Bar is an intimate cocktail bar serving top-shelf wines and liquor as well as the bubbly beverage of choice – champagne. Inspired by French art nouveau style, the entire venue makes guests feel as though they are immersed in a bottle of France’s finest.
- Evolution is the premiere venue and the main club for adult guests, bringing a piece of big-city nightlife to the high seas. Inspired by the metamorphosis of the butterfly, the design is contemporary with an edge.
- Pub 687 is a warm and welcoming environment – a modern interpretation of a traditional pub. The casual setting is perfect for guests to kick back and watch live sports and major broadcast events on one of several flat screen televisions.
- District Lounge is the first entertainment venue upon entering The District. Here, guests find a stylish, relaxed atmosphere with comfortable, contoured seating and an open floor plan.
At the luxurious Senses Spa & Salon, adults ages 18 and older can indulge spa treatments, massages, manicures, pedicures, and a rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam room and sauna. The fitness center is well-appointed with state-of-the-art equipment and offers personal training sessions and instructional classes in yoga, Pilates, aerobics and more.
The Disney Dream sails a variety of itineraries all over the world, including cruises to top European destinations in the summer season, voyages from New York City in the fall and Bahamas and Caribbean sailings from south Florida.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact a travel agent.